We Are Who We Are

Someone from Malaysia sent me an email, asking about my decision to resign from the company I was working for in order to pursue another opportunity that had no strong promise of its future potential, and had no guarantee on what it can bring to my life. She asked me how it felt, during those very defining moments...:)

It was hard! It was hard to even just make up my own mind. I would wake up in the morning so convinced that I had to resign, but then during the day, I would actually enjoy my work and cherish the wonderful colleagues I had, then develop a second thought that I should not resign, and just manage everything as best as possible. I felt good by the compliments I received from my bosses...I enjoyed the stable income, the clear career path, the delicious treats from agencies. I enjoyed what I was given. But then at night, I would wonder what most matters in life, and what would make not only myself happy, but my soul as well. I thought about it for a very long time. And I finally knew, that I want to enjoy the feeling of creating something, from my very own hands.

For whatever that is I wanted to do, I needed time, and I needed to focus. Working 9 to 5 surely didn't allow me to have enough time, moreover the energy I needed. And I guess that was it. That was the simplest, strongest reason why I quit my job...to have enough energy and time. I want to be able to enjoy both worlds, but do I need to? And even if I succeed in convincing myself that I need to, am I actually able to? It became about measuring my own capabilities in the most genuine & realistic manner. So I resigned.

I was scared, not of failing, but of regretting. But in life, I guess we should never have regrets, for having so doesn't do us any favor but sadness. And for whatever happens next, we can always have a another plan, right?

The more I grow older, the more I learn to be true to myself. It sounds cheesy, I know. But it matters, really. I could have lied, and told myself that I can maintain my career and do what I wanted to do both at the same time. I could've been a super someone. But I'm not. For nobody is. And I guess I could have just gone with my career, to play safe. But dreams are there to pursue, and it's pretty that way.

If there's a will, there's a way. And if it's positive, the universe is with us...:)

Be true to yourself, guys...100% original...:)