Tug At The Heartstrings

Dear kak diana,

I know we've never met in person before but i am also a blogger and a fashion enthusiast like yourself. i am writing because i want you to have the slightest idea of how grateful i am to have stumbled upon your fashion blog. not long after i made a blog last year, i visited your blog and i remember posting a comment. i then read another girl's comment, and her colorful blogger avatar caught my attention. her name is febri. i visited her blog and we instantly became cyber friends. our conversations took place in the form of comments, and they were somehow always about you. long story short, we decided to meet up. she talked about you and how your blog inspires her. i talked about you and how your blog inspires me too. unlike me, she is more of a color person and i could see how your style has influenced hers. we found something in common- we both love you. we eventually began talking about other things too, we talked and talked for hours to the point that i found out how her high school best friend is attending the same college with me in los angeles. she gave me a little bit of her best friend's background: her name is jennifer, she has a phobia of buttons, and she loves korean bbq. with that information in mind and with the hope of being friends with this girl, i added her facebook and i directly asked her if she wanna hang out with me sometime. after four months, a few shopping trips, movie treats, sleepovers and dinners, here i am in orlando, florida with her. i know this story is so unimportant and you might be thinking "why are you telling me this?" but the point is, none of those things i mentioned above would have happened if it's not because of you, kak. i wouldn't be friends with neither febri nor jennifer, and i wouldn't be writing this at this moment. i am also surprised by the outcome of that one simple comment i made in your blog. i mean, who wouldn't? last year when i wrote that particular comment, i didn't really picture myself being here with my best friend right now. you've given me not only one, but two best friends. you've given febri, me, and countless other readers the window to endless inspirations, opportunities, adventures, and encounters. i will always remember you not only for what you wear and what you write in your blog, but also for what your passion has done to my life. thank you for taking the time to read my e-mail. thank you for being you, and thank you for doing what you love to do, because i love it too.

p.s: i'd love to thank you in person, but being in the present circumstances, i know it's highly impossible to score a meeting with you.

Love,
Talisha Quinta.


-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Talisha,

I can't believe the princess of Ribbony Boo has written to me...what an honor...I'm your big fan...:')

You got me speechless reading your email...it's so sweet and honestly unexpected. I never realized how a blog could ever do so, or maybe it can, but you had the kindness and depth to even think about it... I'm happy to know that you have your bestfriends beside you...friendship is indeed a beautiful thing...

Take care, Talisha...you're a special girl..

And thank you...very, very much :)

xoxo,
Diana