Bitten Gets Beaten Up

We obviously know that it’s very difficult in saying “This is my design! Don’t copy my design!”...go ahead and shriek at those copycats...they’ll just smile and say..”It’s life dude..we all need a living”...baah...it happened to me several times yet I’m not even a real nor professional artist...

Anyway..the Bitten newly fashion line got some pros and contras going on...some say, “How can Bitten’s stuff be so cheap? Are they underpaying their workers?”...Well, this was an interesting issue going on...but come on, get real...don’t just ask those questions to Sarah Jessica Parker...ask them to all brands!! Premium-price stuffs or so-called popular brands do deserve such questions anyway..we never know..and it is so unfair for the has-been SJP to receive all these offensive questions...maybe she’s truly doing a good deed after all...

BUT...maybe...how their stuffs are so cheap (which if I’m not mistaken everything’s below $20)..is that in the end they actually don’t have a proper designer..I mean...they don’t really design and do all those trial-and-error sketch and mock-ups which are without doubt incredibly costly nor require SJP in pumping up those brains to think and design..they just...PLAGIARIZE! muahahah...

Well, again, the boundaries of whose design this is or who came up with that style at first is quite vague..just like cars, reverse engineering is in fact allowed...quite sad in my opinion...but wouldn’t it be a bit awkward for SJP to actually do so? I mean...if I was her, I would really prioritize my pride ahead then think twice about running such business..I know what she’s trying to do...she wants to give opportunities to people who can’t afford high-end brands to still look fashionable and trendy yet in a much affordable way...but...hah..i dunno...it’s a bit confusing...I just don’t like to see the view of many brands having the same design...(for your information, Vincci and Nose often fakes Nine West stuffs huehehhe I’ve been noticing that for a long time here in KL)...

Below is Bitten’s foldover bag for just $9.98 (right)...replicating Anna Corinna’s mini city tote which is $360 (left)... I know people can tell which one’s more “original” and leather-made...but just look at it..why can’t SJP just design her own stuffs....