True. Happy. You.

Hi, everyone…how’s life? :)

It’s been a while since I shared about my life, don’t you think? All I can say is that BIG changes are turning up in my life, and I’m more than happy to take on all the challenges I will be facing...

Anyway, some random thoughts of mine.

Being true.
I’ve finally found this tiny bit inside of me that has significantly helped me in becoming a happier person (cheesy enough? ;p). It’s surprising that it took me this long to actually realize that what I wanted in life has been there all along…I was just too afraid to admit it and all the more, go for it. Sometimes we people tend to hide behind justifications and rationalizations, until you become conscious that you wouldn’t have needed to justify and rationalize anything if you were simply doing what you’ve been wanting to do. Life feels simple when you don’t have too many excuses, even simpler when you don’t need to make any.

Being happy.
A very good friend of mine raised an interesting view just now…she said, “but even when you’re already happy doing what you’ve been wanting to do, some people just like to make you forget the joy of it”. It takes a looooong process, a strong determination, to steel yourself from external discouragements that can take you down. Everyone has their say…so it’s okay. When we spend too much of energy and time bothering theirs, I guess we are the ones responsible of our own loss of happiness. Happiness is a mindset. You don’t create it, and it’s not a destination. It’s your mindset that takes you along the way. This life is yours to enjoy.

Being you.
Sometimes we undervalue ourselves. Most of the times we overrate everything but ourselves. As someone who works in the corporate world, I am often saddened by the reality that some people enjoy staying in their comfort zone, having the fact that the company’s making enough, they themselves are making enough, hence perceive themselves as doing enough. Be your own self with all the ability and knowledge you actually have. Raise the bar. Explore. And don’t rely on your company’s superiority and let ourselves be labeled by who we work for. It’s important to stand out as an individual, so people will remember that “she was the one who initiated the Rain campaign” instead of “she worked at XXX, the company who did the Rain campaign”.


Good night, peeps…:)