Humans, Not Dancers

Some people just scare me…either because they seem cold, aloof, or because they’re just so pretty and smart I feel inferior. But the walls simply fall down once I get the chance to have a talk with them. Not a small talk, but a nice warm personal talk. And I noticed, that even the most firm, competitive, independent man or woman can have fear…of the future, of their parents’ expectations they might not seem able to fulfill, of their credit-card bills, of their job security, of their grades, of losing their loved ones, of hurting their bestfriend’s feeling, of deadlines, of certain animals, of gaining weight, to simply being afraid of facing…tomorrow. Like me. And they look so pure in that way. When they elaborate and go deeper, their eyes sparkle, either because tears of sadness, or of eventual gratefulness. And at that point of time, I feel like touching that person…through a pat on a shoulder, a hug, or simply a hand shake. And say, “thank you, for being human.”

:)